Friday 10 October 2014

K-Town

   Being at home was absolutely amazing! It was so relaxing and so so lovely to see all my friends and have major catchups, as well as having girly time with my mum. As an only child I've always been incredibly close to my parents, so it's really weird being away from them for so long! Although it did feel slightly strange being home to begin with I soon settled straight back into it and it was honestly so so worth the 4 hour journey. Although I moaned about Kettering every second I was there and I am glad to be away from it, it is still home at the end of the day and I will always look forward to going back.
   Catching up with my mum was just the best thing in the entire world, we get on so well, she's like my best friend really. It was so lovely to hear what she and dad have been up to over the last few weeks, and how much she's enjoying herself doing what she loves and helping other people. It also made me feel so special to hear how proud she is of me for settling in so well in Manchester seeing as originally I didn't want to go, and of how grown up I've become now that I'm having to do things for myself. The highlight was definitely her cooking though, I've missed it so much, honestly, nothing can beat it!
   I also caught up with three of my closest friends whilst in Kettering - Katie, Lauren and Tabby. There were a few others I wanted to catch up with but unfortunately they were busy, so fingers crossed it'll work out slightly better when I'm home at Christmas. I was ridiculously excited to see all three of them, and they definitely didn't let me down!
   Katie and I went straight to the Kino Lounge as it's our new favourite place to eat in Kettering. I'm so annoyed it opened the week before I left to come to Manchester as it's absolutely incredible in there! It's got a really chill atmosphere and it's so vintage inside, plus the food and drinks are insanely good and really really cheap! Katie decided to take a year out as she didn't know what she wanted to do at university, plus her birthday's on 24th August so she felt a lot younger than the rest of us! After debating nearly every course from music production to fashion and advertising, she's finally decided on American Studies and I just know that it's definitely the right course for her and she's going to be fantastic! We jumped on each other when we saw each other, we've missed each other so so much and it was lovely to be able to spend a few hours with her and catchup on life, it was as if we were never away from one another! She's hoping to come up in the next month or so which'll be absolutely fabulous because I just know that my uni friends will adore her! She also has her own blog which I'll be writing a blog post on soon so you can all go and check it out!
   Secondly I met up with Tabby who's basically my little sister. We grew ridiculously close through shows we did and we instantly just clicked like siblings. Again, we jumped on each other we were so excited to see each other! It was so weird being back at school to meet her though, I didn't really want to be back there, it all feels so long ago now! We decided to do some shopping together which was probably a bad idea as we're both absolutely awful at telling each other we don't need something, but we were both pretty sensible which I was proud of us for! She's just gone into Year 12 and she's so grown up now it's crazy! She seems to be enjoying herself so far which I'm so grateful for because I was absolutely petrified the first few months of Sixth Form and I'm so glad she hasn't gone the same way because looking back on it now it was so so silly!
   Finally,  I got to see Lauren and I nearly cried I was so excited to see her! We've got so close over the past few years and it was incredibly difficult to say goodbye to one another when I had to leave to come to Manchester and a major catchup was in order! It's safe to say we probably had a few too many cocktails as we both ended up texting each other saying we were lying on our bedroom floors as the room was spinning! I'm incredibly proud of Lauren as she's just got her dream job of training to be a Healthcare Assistant with the NHS, and I honestly don't know anyone who deserves it more or who will do a better job than Lauren. She's so patient and caring, which is exactly what you need to be to work in a hospital with patients! Hearing how much she's loving it so far made me so proud, she's been through so much recently but she doesn't let it get her down, she gets through it and it's made her the strongest person I know. She's also hoping to come up in the next month or so, and she's already facetimed my uni friends so I definitely know that they love her!
   Being at home was the most incredible few days and it was a well deserved rest from the crazy life of being a university student. It made me realise how lucky I am to be at university and how much I adore it. I missed my uni friends so much, which has made me realise that they really are incredible friends and I'm lucky to have met them so early on. It's also made me a hell of a lot more determined and motivated to do well and make myself and everyone else proud. University is a completely fresh start for me and I am determined to make the most of it, it's never too late to become the person I want to be, and being at home really made me realise that I need to grab every opportunity I get as it comes.




No comments:

Post a Comment